head { display: none; } The Happiness Recipe Book: Art Therapy Recipe

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Art Therapy Recipe

When was the last time you had some "ME" time? I had some today. I spent enjoyable and relaxing time drawing, which indeed made me happy. I couldn't have had a better activity to do on my precious Saturday.
Notes:
Remember all the wonderful feelings you've been experiencing while creating an artwork in your childhood? Were you losing yourself in drawing as a child? I know I was. When we were kids, we believed that anything was possible. We were not afraid to make mistakes, because we were not afraid to be criticized.
As we grew up, we've been told to be more serious. So as years accumulated, we graduated, got married, had kids and we never had time for childish "unimportant" things. Eventually, we ended up settled comfortably on the couch of a psychologist, suffering from clinical depression. That's the main reason why, I think, it's a good idea to get some happiness shots every now and then.
Fun, creative and pleasurable activity of happiness recipe for today will help you break the monotony of your daily routine.
Drawing taught me to see the details and appreciate the beauty of ordinary things that surround us every day. Your drawing doesn't have to be perfect, and it doesn't have to meet the certain criteria set by other people. As long as your art reflects your inner feelings, emotions or just inspirations, than it has a meaning and it does make a sense. Beyond all other consideration, if it makes you happy, that's all that counts. It's your life, your work, your dreams, your happiness!
Ingredients:
1. Art supplies (I found some colored pencils and a piece of paper)
2. Some time off
3. Inspiration (Selina Lake is inspiring me lately)








2 comments:

  1. When we were kids we were not afraid to make mistakes..... SO TRUE!!! I totally agree with everything! Art is a form of therapy like no other!

    ReplyDelete