head { display: none; } The Happiness Recipe Book: Pinwheel Recipe

Monday, March 12, 2012

Pinwheel Recipe

Today I decided to spoil myself a little and tried the best happiness recipe of all times. I treated myself to a day off! Nothing is as sweet, pleasurable and joyful as staying at home on Monday. I snapped out hectic morning rush and enjoyed every minute of my day.
There was something magnificent in today’s morning (no wonder, cause I didn’t have to work). I made a cup of hot coffee with milk and approached the window. Huge snowflakes were slowly falling on the ground. Everything was sparkling in the snow, despite the fact, that the calendar was insisting that it was spring. I doubt I would feel that wonderful and elevated if I had to drive to work in that cold. Anyway, it was my glorious day off and I was getting ready to enjoy every moment of it.





Did you know that International Day of Peace is celebrated by making pinwheels? The idea
of making art for peace was exactly suitable for me today, because this was my personal

day of peace. Pinwheels are old-fashioned fun. This kind of creative project made my inn
er kid jump for joy, cheerfully.


Pinwheel Recipe

Ingredients:

Bamboo skewers
Acrylic paint
Colorful, thin paper, cut into 5 inch squares (I used Vo
gue pages)
Ruler
Pencil
Scissors
Wire
Rhinestones (optional)

Instructions:

Step 1.



Paint bamboo skewers in fun colors and let them dry (I know, I came up with very creative way of drying this little babies).


Step 2.


Fold your square of paper, corner to corner, and then unfold. Congratulations! You have just created nice little pyramids out of paper))). Using pencil and ruler, mark center of square and draw the diagonals from each corner to the center, stopping at about one inch from the center.


Step 3.




Cut along diagonal lines. Bring each corner into the center, overlapping points, glue the edges.


Step 4.

Push a pin or wire through the center of the paper. Attach the bamboo skewer to the paper.


Add a sprinkle of that ah, ah )) (completely optional)


Step 5

Enjoy!
These bright and bold little beauties absolutely recharged my interior design. And yes they do make me happy!



2 comments:

  1. Nelly, these projects are wonderful! You're so talented. Where do the ideas come from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg thank you so much. The ideas come from everyday life, I'm just trying to find something exciting in little things that we tend to ignore. I'm SO glad you like my blog. Thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete